Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Does anyone know the seller of this

AC_B-1Novice

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120459498818&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT I was wondering in your opinion what it is worth and if you know the seller and their reputation? Fire away, I'm listening.

I don't know him but he is in the same area as I am, I think. I ask him about the briggs in it, he said it was in it as long as he had it. Looks unmolested other than the engine, and the grill guard.

Hi, I'm in Flora,In. If you would like to come look,and try it out before auction ends let me know and I can give better directions. Somebody is going to get a nice tractor.... good luck.... This is his answer as to his location.

It should have the wider 10.5" rims on the rear, someone has swapped them out with the old goodyear 8.5" wide tires. Not sure I like how the voltage regulator is mounted on the exhaust sheild. I have a 416H, it has pros and cons, mine was in very rough shape. IMO, I don't like the steering. The 300/400 tractors use a "ross" gearbox and column which was also used on most other brands such as MF, JD, Case, etc. It just about requires a spinner knob to steer the thing. The 300/400 tractors were not simplicity designed and are also harder to work on, despite that I really like the looks of them so I'm keeping mine. I think for something without the orignal engine, and potential problems from the modifications, the price might be a little high, if it had been a solid original with the kohler engine, and everything was mechianically sound I would say the price would be OK.