Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity85

Sick and Tired

Simplicity85
Well For the past month I have been working on my old mud tractor (87 Craftsman 4 speed). Well the story goes last winter my cousin popped a big wheelie and after that the trans went so that winter I picked up a part's tractor one with a 6 speed So this month I have been making it in to my General Lee.8D So today I was trying to get the big pulley off and I popped the clip of in side. So I took It a part it and put it back together for some reason It dose not have posi any more? When the to cover is off. And on top of that the sifter channel fell a part now I have no clue were the spring goes. Any of you guy's know how to fix this? Thanks

firefoxz1
On the top of the case is either one or two set screws. Under them should be a ball and a spring. My guess is you also lost the ball if the spring fell out. Leave them out till the trans is back together them take the set screw out and install the ball and spring and tighten till you get the right feel for shifter postion. As far as Posi none of those trannys I ever had were posi.