Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Saved form Jaws!

Simplicity85

Well this is a story that I will never forget. I have Had my eye on a 2012 for a wile and I needed money quick. So I took a load to a junk yard that I have never been to. So We get done check in for plastic So we go through. Well I was unloading a bunch of crap. And a the corner of my eye I see this guy flipping this poor old Broadmoor:Osm02 I yelled STOP. The guy said what I said don't hurt it. He said it's junkngr2 So I left to get 1 more load. I was thinking they had hood bolt like my LL So on the last load I asked I need the bolt's so I said how bad is it ha said the same Junk. I said how much do you want for it? 10$ I took him home with a snow blower. I have now Idea what it is 727? There is no shroud}:) What year is it?

The Loader hit this I Puled most of it out.

Is that a rear PTO?

BIG BROADMOOR!

Looks like either a 707 or 717, The 727 had a square hood like the 728. The MFR# should be behind the seat.

Hey, that ain't the PTO, filler plug... And if I see right, a Hi-Lo too. Are there 1 or 2 rear shifters? Good deal

nice save. and great score on the hi-lo 8D i took my load of scrap in yesterday and brought home 3 tractors. bolens,JD 111 , and a MTD. they will be sold off or parts machines.

I think that might be a model 990288 since it has the wider tires and I don't see the electric starter poking out of the side. My Broadmoors have the model number on the dash above the shifter and not behind the seats.

This tractor had a white dash so I assuemed it was most likely a 707 or 717, the engine doesn't look original, Simplicity did not use white engines, most likely came off a snapper RER, though it could have been repainted. This tractor also has a black steering wheel, the 990287 and 990288 had a white steering wheel with a black dash.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
This tractor had a white dash so I assuemed it was most likely a 707 or 717, the engine doesn't look original, Simplicity did not use white engines, most likely came off a snapper RER, though it could have been repainted. This tractor also has a black steering wheel, the 990287 and 990288 had a white steering wheel with a black dash.
Ah yes... good point I missed that it was a white dash... I did see the white engine thinking that was definitely painted or swapped.

That looks way better than mine and I paid 50 bucks! Good save. I always look at my local metal hauler when I go by for things like that. I keep hoping...