Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

75th Anniversary Tractor

Stan-Tn

Being a new member on this site, I am wondering how many members own a 75th Anniversary tractor. I recently became the proud owner of one (#168) and will need help on some parts issues in the future.

I'm sorry I can't help you with Info,but the only ones I have seen(down South)were treasured like a 69 Camaro. I would love to see a Pic of one being worked hard.These are still kinda pricey.

when I lived in Findlay Ohio and drove through Bluffton to work Lima on I-75 I would see one mowing was told the guy was seen with a snowblower in winter too

Hey Stan-TN, I got mine off E-bay about 5 years ago, brand new from a Simp dealer for $4500 I think mine is #843 if I recal. The overhead cam motor is notorious for short life span, and mine needed a new fuel pump/ valve cover at about 20 hours, as it would loose prime and not restart without a shot of starter fluid. It also runs very lean, either due to factory setup or gum in the main jet. I used it to mow the lawn for 2 seasons, and have since retired it to the shed untill I get around to sorting out the carb problems. There is a good thread about modifying the air cleaner cover to reduce entrapment of junk under there to help keep it cool. Good luck with yours.

Other than as a collector's piece, I think you can get the same tractor in a "standard" configuration for a lot less money. And some of the non-anniversary tractors are in excellent shape with better engine configurations. Just MHO.