Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rebuilt Briggs Ten goes back in(Pics)

pungo

What is wrong with this picture?

Yeah, everyone makes dumb mistakes.But why not take advantage of it for an interior shot?

Mistake corrected and decals applied.I have the new stuff for the air cleaner but haven't got to it yet.

Why not a few more?

Yeah, I know this Decal don't belong there.But I love em'

These little things are designed to lock in the front axle and limit clearance.Baffled me for a while, but they bolt in from the bottom.

Motor went in according to the directions,

A few more angles on the 10

That little Oil Warning decal:

With the Motor installed everything is downhill from here. right?

WOW sm01sm01sm01 Nice job I can't wait to see it when it's done. You sure did a nice job on the engine the decals look great to. Nice looking landlord also.

Yeah, took some artistic measures with the Briggs.I hate all black motors.There was no good reason to paint the clean aluminum parts. I wanted to bring the Cast Iron surface of the Block to the forefront with the proper paint even though the Folks of the 60's could care less.

Oil pan on backwards, eh? That capability to turn them around comes in handy when you're looking at other sources for engines... Looks great~ dOddOd

Very nice restoration. Please provide link for source of engine decals. I hope you didn't have to haul that machine up a flight of stairs to get it on your deck!

I appreciate the kind words,I don't get to respond to others Posts like I would like to but am trying to get on more,I have seen some great Projects the last few weeks! Those decals came from Ebay www.engine-decals.com.I spoke with a few nice Folks from here about waterslide ones and got in a hurry and bought these(sorry I didn't get back with ya'll).They are a quality product, though not original,more like a foil-type.You better place them right,they stick quick and tight!Every one of these is off a little,glad the pics don't show it. Yeah, my barn is pretty far away so I drug it up on the Porch to finish the detailing/hookup and save my feet a little. Samson, if you are from around here I may already know ya,we will get together. All I have left to do is restore the frayed wiring harness,oil,90 weight,one hydraulic hose,find a battery,shouldn't take more than 3 weeks.:IOur Local Show, the Silk Hope Old Fashioned Farmers Day, is this weekend, I was shooting for it but can't take a half-finished Tractor with an unproven Motor on it,..or can I?

Absolutely you can take the tractor unfinished, she'll show good as a work in progress. Looks good. I'll see you there either way would love to see your tractor. I'll be there with the 725 my father-in-law with the 700 Wonderboy and another friend with his B-1. We'll be there Saturday, hope to see you there.

I really like the 2 tone color you chose, it works really nice with the engine design. Great job on the carburetor, bead blasted or new? How about some internal specs as far as what you did there and were there any problems getting parts?

That is FANTASTIC!!! I printed those pictures out to hang in my work shed for inspiration. I'm just starting to tear down my 7016H and it really helps to have a vision of how good it can look like if I do it right. Thanks for the pictures!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PGL
    • andrew68
    • maxwood
    • BLT
    • bradperc
    • AC710
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts