Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

road trip

dhardin

Just got back on Wednesday form Peru IN. I got a model 210 sickle off e-bay. Works great, a good deal, and met a great tractor collector over there (Bill). He collected Wheel horse. But what surprised me was all the AC and Simplicity tractors and a few Cubs i saw for sale along the way. Going over i was pushed for time but on the way back i checked them all out. IL route 57 to IL/IN route 29 was full of old tractors/thrashing equipment loaded going to a show somewhere over here. Plus i passed or was stuck behind 10 windmill bases. Took me for ever to get 250 miles. A long day for me and Buster (my dog) but was good to get away. Its been a long mowing season around here and was press to get away for all the yards i have to mow. Now the question is which tractor do I put this sickle on? B10, B210, or the Landlord 101? Not sure if it will fit on the AC 416 or the Simplicity 6200.

Most of the old tractors and equipment going west was going to the farm progress show, put on every year for the new and old machines, mostly for the new. Your new mower will not fit the 416 or the 6200.