Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deutz Allis 5215

Ronald Hribar

looked at a Deutz Allis 5215 18 hp diesel , hydro ,4wd, with loader today. They are asking $3700. good shape for age( 1986). Rear tires are weather checked. But it does not move. Does anyone have any experience with the hydrostatic?.

I looked it up on the net and it states that the 5215HST is the hydro version of the 5215 which followed the 5015 Aliis model tractors after Deutz took over the ag line from AC. I could find a few videos of them in use and they look like a nice out fit but it doesn't say anything about what hydro they used. It would appear that being built by Hinomoto tractor of Japan that they most likely used something in house. I'd guess it cold have any number of faults like a stopped up filter to a coupling sheared of that drives the pump input or output shaft, or something catastrophic in the pump itself.

I talked to owner this morning, and he said it started slowing down while pushing snow 2 years ago, He said it sloly made its way into shed. I also read up on tractor and found that you have to split the tractor to work on it. And that it tips easily. After considering everything, I offerred $500 for tractor. There are some nice units out there for $3500 to $5000

Most of the older Japanese built compacts can be tipped easily as they are very narrow to work in the rice pattys in Japan. But used with common sense, they are very nimble in tight quarters where a wider tractor would have issues. And yes, 3500-5000 will get you a really nice machine if your patient and keep looking.