Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New AC 130 Lawn Tractor (Mod Performed)

JimH

Well, after 3 months in lay-away I was able to have my new Allis 130 delivered. It is set-up for mulching and has a Regent high-back seat. Will keep everyone posted on how it does.
[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Allis-Chalmers AC 130 Being Delivered To Its First Home 007.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Allis-Chalmers AC 130 Being Delivered To Its First Home 006.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Allis-Chalmers AC 130 Being Delivered To Its First Home 005.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Allis-Chalmers AC 130 Being Delivered To Its First Home 004.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Allis-Chalmers AC 130 Being Delivered To Its First Home 003.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Allis-Chalmers AC 130 Being Delivered To Its First Home 002.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Allis-Chalmers AC 130 Being Delivered To Its First Home 001.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by MadMike
I thought I was going to see pictures of a Gun Ship.
Me too, was thinking 'herky bird'! Nice machine, let us know how it goesdOd

Nice tractor. I've looked at these tractors at work and noticed that a simplicity deck will pin right under it with out any mods, and then you can get rid of the mtd deck. and i talked to the boss and he said simplicity is planing on running the ac name threw the simplicity product line but no word on how soon. the boss is keeping me posted on when it could happen so if i here a actual date i will let you all know.

quote:
Originally posted by s_stephen
Nice tractor. I've looked at these tractors at work and noticed that a simplicity deck will pin right under it with out any mods, and then you can get rid of the mtd deck. and i talked to the boss and he said simplicity is planing on running the ac name threw the simplicity product line but no word on how soon. the boss is keeping me posted on when it could happen so if i here a actual date i will let you all know.
I was wondering that, if the simplicity deck was an easy conversion. The next question is how different are the decks, other than the obvious rollers.

2 blade vs 3? Seems like the 2 blade units are at a penalty for turning tight in the one direction(skips between blades). Just my thought, might not be the case any more.

Good to know about the decks, I'll be watching for a used 130 somwhere down the road. Used late model Simplicity decks are pretty easy to find. I think you can get up to a 50" on the regent, should be similar to the old 90's Landlord decks. The deck that comes standard on the 130 is a murray designed deck, when you sit on the tractor and look down the blades staggar diagonally, at least on the 46." I don't know if any of the components interchange with Simplicity, I think they did upgrade the arbor housings.

I have noticed that many of the new MTD 2 blade decks are of the "Timed" design with a cogged belt keeping the blades from striking each other. Seems like IH started that in 1961! I guess whats old is new again. The timed decks dont suffer from the usualy 2 blades missing a strip of grass if you turn to quick issue. Unfortuntaly you dont see those new AC or hardly any Simplicity in our area anymore. The Simplicity power dealer went to selling JD many years ago, and the nearest one is 45min drive. Someone tried to open a dealership/repair shop but ran himself bankrupt thru bad management. Congrats on the new machine. Mike

Nice tractor! I bought one back in July. I love it. It's great to see the A-C name at least on some new lawn and garden equipment again! I was at my dealer yesterday and he gave me some info. as to what their plans are for the new A-C lawn tractors. His sales rep. told him that they intend to start selling these new A-C lawn tractors in Tractor Supply Stores to compete with the John Deeres in Lowe's and Home Depot. The A-C name is more familiar to the farmers and such who regularly shop in Tractor Supply. They just wanted to start selling them in Simplicity dealerships to see how the sales go.

I thought I remembered reading about the Tractor Supply sales idea sometime last year, after Briggs&Stratton had reintroduced the AC. Glad to hear it is true. I wonder if they will introduce another model. What would you guys like to see?

quote:
Originally posted by 620Doc
I thought I remembered reading about the Tractor Supply sales idea sometime last year, after Briggs&Stratton had reintroduced the AC. Glad to hear it is true. I wonder if they will introduce another model. What would you guys like to see?
My dealer had mentioned he heard they might expand into a heavy duty model, like the Simplicity Prestige or Legecy XL

quote:
Originally posted by JimH
[quote]Originally posted by 620Doc
I thought I remembered reading about the Tractor Supply sales idea sometime last year, after Briggs&Stratton had reintroduced the AC. Glad to hear it is true. I wonder if they will introduce another model. What would you guys like to see? My dealer had mentioned he heard they might expand into a heavy duty model, like the Simplicity Prestige or Legecy XL
I'd love to see that happen Jim.

• 5 months later...
Here's pictures of a mod I just completed on my new AC-130 lawn tractor. I call it a "comfort/convience" mod. It has to do with the reverse control pedal. Those of you who own or have driven a Simplicity Regent, AC-130 or Snapper LT-125 know that the reverse control is a flat rubber pad mounted on steel flat stock that protrudes thru the right foot rest on these tractors. I find it to be somewhat awkward to use, as you have to move your right foot and place it flat on the reverse pedal to reverse the tractor. I obtained a pedal and pad that is used on the Simplicity Prestige and Legacy tractors. I welded a piece of steel flat stock to the Simplicity pedal(after cutting off excess material). I then drilled 2 small holes thru both the original pedal and my modded pedal and secured both pieces. What a difference it makes in the operation of the tractor. You now have ease of operation and better control. Anyone who would like more info on how I did this mod is welcome to contact me.
[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Before Mod.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Completed Mod Ready for Install.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Mod Completed.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Mod Completed1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Mod Completed2.jpg[/img]

Nice improvement Jim. Just don't 'get' this two pedal idea they put on garden tractors, seems a foot resting on full size pedal like Bobcats used to have for hydro operation on a 610 I had years ago be the thing to have. Could run that thing to dearth all day and never get a sore foot. My brother in Colo has a JD 955 and I wouldn't give 3 cents for his hydro pedals.

My gripe about foot operated hydro's is the position of the pedals. I tend to sit with my right foot splayed outward. If the forward pedal is on the inboard side, I have to forcibly rotate my foot to get it on the pedal and I find it uncomfortable. If the forward pedal was on the outboard side and the reverse pedal on the inboard side, it would be more comfortable to operate.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
What if you don't have a right foot to push them with?
Sounds to me like it's not ADA compliant, just like OnStar and their speak to dial telephone.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Tarheel
    • Austin
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts