Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
peterinbrooklyn

what tires can I put on my 16 fch?

peterinbrooklyn
The turf tires don't hook up at all when mowing....I am looking at carlisle xtracs same size just more aggressive. they look like they will be really close to hitting the deck on the right side. anybody have any experience with these fch's

HubbardRA
My friend has a Dixon zero turn mower and he uses Wooly Booger ATV Ag tires on it. Less damage to the lawn than spinning the original turfs.

Architectdave
My guess is you need more weight to get those turf tires to hook up. If i dont shift my weight around as i mow on my side slope hills I can easily spin a tire. Try adding 100 lbs and see if you don't get better results. You can always get new tires if it doesnt work.

peterinbrooklyn
I am aware of shifting my weight and that helps but it still spins on the slopes and hills....my thoughts are that if I add more weight that its gonna be harder on the hydro. So I am wondering if anybody has any pictures of their FCH with different tires

sbull78
why don't u try some wheel weights...i have some that are 25lbs each u can put on...just think of it like this, if you weigh 200lbs now and mow and you eat a lot over the winter and weigh 250, you aren't going to not hop on your mower in the spring and mow because you weight to much!!!!!!

fishfishburn
I also agree with adding some weight. I have turf tires on all of mine. On the 410's I have 35 pound weights inside each wheel that I made. I helps considerably and I have not noticed any effects on the hydro system at all.

pungo
I hate Turf tires unless they are really good Carlisle,there are some out there that will spin in their shadow. I like the X-Tracs I put on the front,curious about how larger ones would work for the rear.

sunrunner
Just a thought - A FCH is just as close to a zero turn as you can get - so where the tread may help for traction, it may do a number in tight turns - show some pics when you get the weights on