Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ambler

What's going on here?

ambler
Well I will install a loader eventually. I picked this up at an auction for $600 a couple years ago and just recently started fixing its problems. It was pumping out oil and the deck hanger bracket on the front axel was broken, bad starter, rebuilt carb etc. Also rebuilt a 20hp sunstar over the winter. What else is going on?

Simpleton7016
I think I have a deck hanger bracket that I am sick of moving around and have no use for. I think it is for a sunstar. You can have it for the price of shipping.
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/hangerresized.jpg[/img]

ambler
John, I will grease them. I have to go out and pull it for the second time as I realized that the locking rings are not in the right position on the shaft. The plan is to make this tractor my gardening tractor with loader and tiller. I rebuilt the front axle and drilled it for new design hanger. Also put in new breather. If you see these magnums blowing out oil its because of a bad initial breather design. I plan to replace crankshaft seals this winter. I also repowered this sunstar last winter. Been mowing with it all year. I picked it up for $325 last fall with snowblower Cab and leaf vac. Once you have powersteering, hilo and locking differential its hard to go back.

ambler
Looks good John. That @3##$4 rear pto is finally in and the tractor is buttoned up. Think I'll hang the tiller on. Roy I can't help your sense of style I just happen to have four spring green machines.

ambler
Well the 60 under the sunstar came from the 1920 machine I just finished I'll rearrange them this fall for the leaf pickup. I think its time to hang the tiller on the lift and check out the PTO.

Sign in to follow this