Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
xenon172

One more for the tractor fund

xenon172
We picked up this Case 446 last year and finally got it spruced up for sale. I hope this one will net enough to bring the tractor fund up enough to start looking for a Powermax or a comparable Allis. When we got the Case the linkage was all messed up and the carburetor was in need of a serious rebuild. The hood and fenders were badly faded and had light surface rust. These were fairly inexpensive repairs as was replacing the worn out motor mounts. The only expensive part was installing a holding valve which prevents the tractor from running away on down slopes as these earlier Cases were prone to do. We still have to have to put a new blade on the plow which is unfortunately tack welded on instead of bolted. This unit was only used for plowing so the hours on it are low (less than 400 estimated). We also did the head maintenance that Onan engines require so this tractor runs beautifully. As soon we get the plow done it will be on the market as shown in the picture plus a few extra items like a factory original weight box for the rear and a virgin unused mower deck. Even though this is a 1976 machine and is being sold as a worker and not a restoration I hope it generates enough to start looking for a good powermax. At the very least it's one more photo in the show and tell section.

onebadfish
Good looking CASE. If she who must be obeyed had not put a ban on anything other than Simplicity/Allis Orange or Allis yellow from coming home one would be in the fleet here for sure. But I can't complain she never gripes as long as it says Simplicity or Allis on it she never gripes about my "projects" and often finds them before I do. She says if I take in anything not matching the previous criteria then I go from collector to junk collector, so , so mote it be..hahaha

Kent
Good deal! Those Case/Ingersolls are really pretty nice machines -- one level above a Sovereign and one level below a PowrMax. Neighbor down the street has a nice Ingersoll like that, with snowblade and mower deck. PITA to swap implements on, but a nice tractor, overall. Hope you can now score a PowrMax for the collection!

rpickle
My dad still owns one of those. It is all orange. 30 years ago, when I was a teenager, the mower belonged to my neighbor. When he was away, I got to use it to cut his yard. I also was the unofficial snow blow king. They wintered in Florida, so he let us use it to blow the drives off. Awesome snowblower! 16HP Onan. It has a 2 speed rearend in addition to the hydro. I always thought the hydro was overrated, seemed as though getting the "right" speed was difficult. Anyway, this tractor still blows snow. Has a full cab too! Rick

xenon172
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Glad you made good money on your work. You made it look good. Would love to find me an old Case 180 for my fleet.
I don't think I've ever seen a 180. What is special about it?

JimH
I have owned 2 of the Case garden tractors. Both were the model 220. One I bought new and the other used. The drive system in these tractors is "bullet proof" The hydraulic driven bagging system for them is great. These tractors continue to "earn their keep" today. The current mfg of them, Eastman Industries, located in Portland Maine, seems to be doing a good job of mfg parts and improving current models. (currently doing a redesign on loader/backhoe version) Their web site: www.ingersolltractors.com

Sign in to follow this