Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2010 Running Again

pungo

I put 20 hours in this weekend getting this thing running.I discovered the fuel line has to take the shortest route or it will fuel starve.Once I figured that out..Wow! The engine runs great,I got her idled down slow.The big surprise was the hydraulic lift,it worked perfect,no groaning or leaking.I feel very blessed to say the least.I noticed oil was spraying out of the points mounting holes(I removed them and went Magnatron).3 screws with washers stopped that.I noticed 2nd gear is a little tight going in,won't make any judgments till I adjust the clutch.The thing was fun to ride around the fields,first time I have ever driven one,when I got it I went to work on it without even trying to crank it.Steers like a sports car compared to my Husqvarna.I like the seat sittin up high,with the ags it roams around like a bigger tractor. My headlights are coming in next week,along with a gas cap and more decals,I'll Post some final pictures then.Sorry to keep boring ya'll with the same tractor,it's all I have going on right now. I want to thank all of you that helped me on this thing,she is 99 percent there and couldn't have accomplished it without your help.:)

I think its a 67,I need to run the numbers. The white rubber trim came from Hamilton Marine,it is a generic 1/4 inch white moulding I had left over from a boat windshield. When I get the headlights installed I will Post some detailed photos, then its on to the Wonderboy refurb project.

Phil it was great meeting you at Silk Hope. Glad to see you got it all together. Guess next time I see you it'll be on the tractor at a show. Look forward to seeing your work in the future.

Good meeting you John,I will bet with your Father-in Law helping guide your hand your tractor will soon make its' debut with a killer paint job built to oem specs! Good to meet fellow Members!Now get started on that thing,from what I saw you have a great Tractor to work with.

It'll probably be this winter before I get much done on it. Got a few more shows this fall, a trip to Disney and I'm refereeing football this fall (this will help the tractor fund)...I'm hoping that it will see good progress by next spring.