Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Burntime

Sleeve hitch part number...

RickS
Michael, The sleeve hitch as a complete kit is not longer available from the dealer. That said, all of the individual parts are still available. I believe the current price for the individual parts is around $250.00 Rick............

Brettw
Now I am curious. The question was about a sleeve hitch. Sammiefish and Ray both provided a schematic of what Ray called a clevis assembly. I thought the sleeve hitch was the part that has a hollow tube that you can insert a number of attachments to (rototiller for instance), and is what the lift cable attaches directly to. If this is not a sleeve hitch, and the above is described as a clevis hitch, what exactly is the sleeve hitch then? I am not trying to be a smart derriere, I truly don't know.

Chris727
What is pictured is a "one-point" or more commonly called "sleeve hitch" for use with generic sleeve hitch implements from brinly and agrifab. Sleeve hitches are available for most garden tractors and allow them to use universal implements. Go to ebay or google and type in sleeve hitch and you'll get all kinds of results. The part you seem to be looking for is a "rear lift kit" which is the first item needed for lifting any rear implents. For the 7100 series the rear lift kit MFR# is 1690404.

Brettw
Thank you. I have 2 "rear lift kits" and zero sleeve hitches. At "around $250.00" I will continue to have zero sleeve hitches for some time.:D

Chris727
Brett, the main part of the sleeve hitch is only $76.74 at Jacks. All the other parts are easily fabbed and the bolts/pins can be bought at a hardware store.

RickS
To be clear the $250.00 price as I remember it was for the complete lift and sleeve hitch (plus all the bolts and pins). Chris is right most of the parts can be very easily fabricated. The missing bolts and pins should be purchased at the hardware store instead of from the dealer. Rick............

Brettw
Thanks again guys for the info. It would seem this hitch could have a ball hitch fabricated to mount on this without too much trouble. Has anyone tried this?

sammiefish
is this what you need? http://cgi.ebay.com/simplicity-allis-chalmers-rear-lift-3-point-1-cable_W0QQitemZ220478638227QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item33558d0893&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14 http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLIS-CHALMERS-SIMPLICITY-TRACTOR-TILLER-LIFT-ASSEMBLY_W0QQitemZ120468103107QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0c755fc3&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14