Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hello all, new to simplicity and to this board

Welcome to the Club. If you do your own maintenance, all manuals are available from Simplicity Publications. Their phone number is 262-284-8519. You'll need to provide them with the manufacturer's number of the unit. This is a six or seven digit number beginning with the prefix 169, 160 or 990. (Not the model numbers shown on the hood.) This number will appear on the product I.D. tag that is generally affixed to the frame. Sorry, I don't know anything about JDs other then one of my neighbors has 5 and they look like excellent machines.

i am learning a lot already. i especially like to see pictures that some have posted of their older tractors, after fixing them up. they sure had a lot of style back then. i am a new owner of a slightly used 98 broadmoor. it replaces an old jd 111, 1982 mfg, i believe. the cut of the simplicity is incredible. i will be looking for tips, hints or potential problems from this line of lawn tractor in the future. the previous owner is still looking for my owners manual,, i am insistant on good maint. any previous jd owners out there or anyone with the knowledge want to take a crack at the old jd's 111's problem?? the tractors ground speed is ok(but not up to par) when cold, but as the tractor warms, it gradually looses ground speed and almost stops, even at full throttle(approximately 30 minutes time). if i let the tractor sit for an hour and restart, it moves again. the hydro oil reservoir is full and has been changed regularly. no sign of the drive belt slipping, the belt is like new. the engine(11 horse) is well used, has been rebuilt once, doesn't smoke or use lots of oil. seems to start & run ok. nobody can tell me where to start looking for the problem(around here). i completely rebuilt the deck last year, so i hate to junk it. the deck is almost perfect, even after all of this time. i figure, if anyone knows what it is , you all would! if i get it running correctly again, i will give it a new home. thanks a bunch, see you all, lee

Lee, Welcome to a great club. Good luck with your new Broadmoor. You have come to the right place to learn about Simplicities. Marc