Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Early Hoodbolt Schematic?

pungo

I know it sounds crazy but can't figure out the way the early hoodbolt/spring etc is supposed to work.I think I'm missing some sort of shim for the front ones to lock into the groove.Any closeups? Thanks!

On the hood front, the "T" bolt goes thru the drilled hole, then threaded bar smooth side away from spring, conical spring pointed towards stop nut and finally stop nut turned in flush to end of bolt thread. One the rear, "T" bolt is run thru weld nut, then conical spring pointed to the stop nut and then the stop nut turned in flush with the end of the thread. The hood has a 'V' slot that tightened in towards the instrument panel and the front of the hood is located by a "V" slot in the grill member and is held in place when the flat bar is tightened against the grill member from the inside. It is the same way for the other side.

Well,thats it BLT!Simple,when somebody explains it.I sure appreciate it.When I first fired it up the hood rattled like a Hollywood tin roof.It is the little things you need help on,there ain't nothing that beats knowledge!

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
I am pretty sure there were no weld nuts on the dash end.
The dash side has two nuts (one on each side) welded in place and you tighten into them with the "T" bolt.

Art is subjective,the ability to illustrate a concept or subliminal meaning from the form through selective media. 8DTo me, the above illustration meets this criteria in spades! Thanks!

• 3 months later...