Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
xenon172

Get what you can?

xenon172
Lately the pickings have been pretty slim in our area especially when it comes to Allis or Simplicity. Almost all the tractors in the area have been Case with an occasional Cub here and there and of course JD. So the question is do you take what you can or continue waiting? We don't really like this 210 but the spindles in the 2 decks alone will turn a profit. The other side of the coin is that we don't like tearing apart a good machine if it can be saved no matter what the make (MTD doesn't count). Overall this is a solid machine with a 4 speed rather than the usual Case hydraulic drives but probably not worth much except as a lawn mower. There have also been a lot of Bolens within our radius when we never even saw them a year or two ago. So what would most of you do? Buy nothing or something that might be worth saving and have something to work on over the winter or bide your time and wait?

pungo
Gleaning is a second harvest,you take what is available.Nothing wrong though with holding out for a dream tractor and making the trip when you find it.I saw a Panzer this weekend and am intrigued,I really liked the rear end setup.Case ain't no slouch,I started with a Case made 1110 hydro.Any 60's-70's small tractors are worth looking at, in my opinion. A 69 Yard Man I had featured a fast deck hookup with a great cut,wish I had not let it go.

joshuaareed
I would keep doing what you are doing fix the case and build up the tractor fund. Nice little tractor those Case's are. Good Luck Josh P.S. she would look better with a steering wheel. Lol!!!

dirtsaver
Adam every tractor you save,even if you part it out is somebodys dream tractor. Take whatever you can get,make the repairs or sell off parts for restoration projects and pocket the cash for your keepers! And by the way,don't rule out MTD, there are people out there that pay big bucks for the MTD 990 tractors. Those things are monsters and bulletproof! Larry

xenon172
quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
And by the way,don't rule out MTD, there are people out there that pay big bucks for the MTD 990 tractors. Those things are monsters and bulletproof! Larry
Larry: Point taken on the MTD 990. I have seen one and it was extremely well built and a real beast. In fact the guy that had it was selling a Power King because it wouldn't measure up to the 990. Unfortunately those are very scarce at least lately.

Sign in to follow this