Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Getting the ole 3012 in better shape.(Updated)

joshuaareed

Well I have been pretty busy lately with side jobs and regular work, but I managed to get a little time to do some much needed work on my 3012. I have also been busy getting ready for our third child to be born in November, that will be fun. I finished my snow plow, and found a double acting cylinder for my power angle. I have swapped out the Ag front tires to tri ribs(thanks Mooseman. I acquired a set of wheel weights for the rear, just threw a coat of white paint on the today and mounted them up. I am waiting for my new governor gear to arrive later this week so I can put the engine back in her and hopefully that fixes my governor issues. I am working on my mower deck for my 7116, so I took a moment to see if the chains I had laying around would fit as well as my other non simplicity plow. Well I hope you all enjoy the pics.

Well I did get the new Governor gear installed and she purrs like a kitten.

You have a lot going on there, the hydraulics setup looks clean,the new tri-ribs are ultimate(I may yet get some)and the wheel weights combined this thing is ready for work.Is this custom work?Do all thoes of that Model have that front pan? Thanks!

If you are referring to the Oil Pan still attached to the frame, then Yes. I had 16X6.5/8 Ags on the front last winter but they really floated in the snow and made it hard to steer, so I am hoping the tri ribs will help a great deal by cutting through the snow instead of riding on top.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Jac
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts