Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
78kitty

Replacement Engine for 7119H

78kitty
There's a 7119H with a blown motor I might take a look at. I think a part window-holed the block so it'll probably be a engine replacement rather than a fix. I'm wondering what motors make good / easy replacements for these & how much you can usually find them for?

D-17_Dave
Yes, they came with any number of various twins but any of the older single cyl. engines will retrofit back in. Your frame is notched out for a twin but that won't hurt anything to drop a few HP to use a more common engine. If a true higher HP retro is what you prefer then Al Eden canhelp you out with one of his top notch engine kits.

Brettw
Check to make sure of compatible ignition systems however. Briggs and Kohler are different. Throttle and choke cables are different. Any of the above mentioned will bolt up, but there are some specifics that you need to consider.

country
A Kohler Magnum will fit in easily, and with the exception of some minor wiring changes, is really a direct bolt up. You'd want a M18 or M20 (18hp or 20hp). I hunted down a Kohler Magnum MV18, which is actually a vertical shaft engine found in many Craftsman tractors. It has dual mounting flanges, so I'm working on turning it horizontal. Replace/relocate the oil pickup, swap the intake, and change the dipstick are the basics. I have the intake, but haven't had time to work on any of the rest of it yet.