Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kawasaki Landlord

Stan-Tn

I didn't know there were any at all, I have never heard of such a thing, though it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I never claimed to know everything. Just ask my wife she will confirm I don't know everything, because she knows it all.

The Kawasaki engine was not used until 1997 in the 17hp Landlord and in the 1998, 1999, 2000. The 20 & 27 hp was used in the Legacy. Info source Simplicity engine manual

quote:
Originally posted by joshuaareed
I didn't know there were any at all, I have never heard of such a thing, though it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I never claimed to know everything. Just ask my wife she will confirm I don't know everything, because she knows it all.
Amen and so mote it be, they ALWAYS know it all it seems. :) Love it. Also just as a side bar, the Captain has been banned from my and my buddies great lakes salmon boat. Everytime we invite him onboard things end up broken or missing. He can not be trusted.

quote:
Originally posted by Stan-Tn
Anyone know how many Kawasaki powered Landlords were produced in the 90's?
The first one was one too many C :(!. Kawasaki needs to stay with making motorcycles!!!

The commercial lawn equipment I have used in the past were powered by B&S, Kohler and Kawasaki. By far and I mean far, the Kaw's were better engines. After one season, the B&S motors were ragged out. They smoked, were noisy and were just big disappointments. The Kaw motors purred right along, quiet and reliable year after year. I don't recall one being replaced. Just my experience. Rick

Larry, Kawasaki Industries makes and has made a myriad of products for many years, not just motorcycles. http://www.khi.co.jp/index_e.html I think you will be impressed to find their other products. Their helicopters impressed me the most. They were the first, and for many years, the only Japanese helicopters in the sky. The same holds true for companies like Yamaha, Mitsubishi, and Hyundai.

I have a couple Kawasaki engines in mowers and they have lots of power and have given good service.Kawasaki 900 motorcylces were the fastest thing out there years ago when they came on the scene.Lot more years than I'd like to think about reallysm03