Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grinding Gears

pungo

Still fine tuning the 2010 but the gear shifting is worrying me.I looked with the rear up and when I push in the clutch/brake the belt is slack enough to stop the trans pulley.But it is hard to go in gear,I get a grind/chunk in all gears.Gonna mess with it more tomorrow but hoping there is an easy adjustment I'm missing.

Make sure the belt guide actually cinches the belt to a stop when depressed an this will clear up the problem. The belt is still going around therefore turning the transmission thus making the gears grind. You should be able to look up the correct adjustment guide in the manual. Good luck Josh

you may have to adjust the brake to allow the drive belt to release properly. --- this will allow the clutch and brake pedal to travel down futher allowing more slack in the drive belt when the clutch brake pedal is pushed down.

I appreciate it!My bgb pulley feels loose,and the trans pulley is warped too,so I have issues.This bevel pulley has a lot of parts to it according to the Manual,I hope I can get it right cause the prices for replacement parts is astronomical!

Well, pulled the BGB Pulley,added a modified washer shim behind,and replaced the plastic "Bearing" (this is what the Parts Manual called it)with a home made one cut from a spray can top.Fit great!The Allen set screw was loose too so tightened it. Adjusted the clutch rod linkage about 2 turns. She works,no grind! Now shopping for a good Transmission pulley.