Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally got some real teeth

sunrunner

Used to have a mid-mount grader blade on a 6218 w/ electric lift, worked great...now that tractor is on tiller duty. Tried using it with this tractor with manual lift(soon to be changed to a electric lift sometime) and the lift lever gets in the way when I stand on the blade. 90 dollars later(including serrated blade) and some mod's, it now fits the rear lift(WIP). The Brinly scraper box works well, but I need meatier teeth;)

Got it from Dave in N.Y. and he said someone made some reproductions of the original ones(don't quote mesm01)This is as heavy duty as they get...Will give it a try on the driveway Sunday, all the rain this year left some potholes.Before I used the tiller on the holes in the drive then graded it and rolled, till I broke one arm out of four on the hitch(luckily at the weld). The scraper box works by itself, but takes ALOT of passes.

LOL- can't do it now since its on the back - It is a mid-mount blade/frame affixed to a rear hitch - When it was slung underneath the mower, you can stand on the blade an apply pressure to it(the fancy one's had stir-ups) and at 6'4" 245pounds , I/it did a good job^ Before

stir-ups

Tried it out today for a little while - my potholes...

after 5 passes

Starting to get ready for Fall

Got this, but have to replace/repair the bungee cord sewn into the canvas