Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Little Tractor Time

MPH

Got a little use outta my sickle mower, did ok on the alfafa but the harry vetch and clover was too tangled for it.

all done

My york rake on the 4040 just didn't do dubble duty as a dump rake well.C

Pretty much just rolled it into a knot

Mowed a small area of the clover that mostly got choked out by chickweed, tilled it today after running the lawn mower over to shred it.

Worked so nice on them tiger lillies I mowed off the other ones too.^

Also laid what is likely my last strips of the year.

Seeing how my mowers can't handle the clover guess I'll just nature mow it

Wish they would wait til the bees are done but they don't spook off easy

Thanks for the pictures. If your experience is like mine at the cottage near Parry Sound, it's the time of year you can almost hear winter coming with the change in sounds and crisp evenings and mornings with fewer and different birds singing. Makes me think I should be cutting/splitting wood. Do you have lots of honey for cold winter nights?

Thanks for sharing great pics as usual. Last stripes? Winter's coming that quickly up north I guess. Got at least another 6 weeks of stripes plus a few more weeks of leaves down here.

Sorry guys, guess I forgot to update you all. Ticker is tocking good, with the help of narcotic and a computer chip called a defibulator. Feeling better, will find out the 22nd how things are set in place and if I can start doing a bit more, been on a 5 lb left hand limit. Down on the Kenai now, gonna hook up with an old air force buddie and hopefully kill some silver salmon. Hopefull the next pictures I post will look real fishy.:O Simplicity 85, if your wondering why one headlight is black is because of the muffler I have on it, if I rotate it down more the carb gets too hot.

Winter alread? It's already dropped into the 60s here in Pennsylvania, so I guess it might be a cold winter:D(more snow toys). I wish I had pix of my sickling yesterday. My real job has been randomly telling us to stay home, so I went down to my grandmother's 10 acre pasture and cut some weed. I second the performance. Thistles and poke, even roses and such went easy. Vines were killer. We have a crazy ammount of "Kudzu" vines here. Ill end up bush-hogging it with the bigger machine later. The LL and sickle kick but on the edges and hills though. The big machine is just too tall to tilt.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• airgunner
    • mbsengineer
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts