Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

info on a 2010

CHolmes

I have a Simplicity 2010 that I bought awhile ago. It came with all the attachments including tiller and blower as well as the dozer blade, chains and even the carb warmer. it also has a dump cart that looks like a wheelbarrow tub on a frame. I thought it was homemade but after closer inspection it has a Sears and Robuck sticker on it. It is a power lift bot the numbers are gone by now. I have searched the site and one page says it is a 67 and then on the next reference it is a 66. On some pages it indicates that the 2010 was only one year but which year? Is it 66 or 67? Any ideas?

This won't exactly tell the year of the tractor, but may help narrow it down. Do those have Brigg's motor's? If so what's the code stamped on the flywheel housing?

• 3 weeks later...
I just bought my self a 2010 also. It came with another Simplicity that looks almost exactly the same, but the other had no names on the hood. Mabey it was repainted but im not sure. I think i got a good deal for $75.

• 4 weeks later...
I like the price also Goatfarmer. But neither of them are working right now. They have enough spark so that when you hold it it shocks you but not enough to make a spark on the plug. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get the poor things running before winter?...... I really want to use that snowblower I got with them.

Sure, all you have to do is; Adjust coil clearance to flywheel the distance(thickness)of a business card. Clean and adjust points,replace condenser. Clean and or replace air cleaner element. Change oil. Install new plug. Replace fuel filter and fill with clean gas, make sure it is flowing and there is no blockage from a stopped up fuel tank/line. When you get this far she should go, if not,write back.Oh yeah,make sure she spins over quick enough to take.