Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Need help on simplicity 728

Ryan
Hi: Just got a simplicity (broardmoor) 728 lawn tractor today, and i plan to restore it and take the mower off and use it as a go cart or somthing. I whant to no more about it. The Manufacturer Number on the mower is #990577. The number is on a sticker behind the seat. Where can i find parts? Where can i find the parts & owners manual? Was this a good good model? How fast can the model run? I would appreciate any info if any is willing to share. Note: This model never came with head lights. Thanks, Robbie P.S. my email is: ns-dash8@trainorders.com

Yeoman627
Robbie - Here's some answers on your 728 Broadmoor questions ... Q1: Where can i find parts? A1: Parts can be obtained from a variety of places - local dealers may have parts in stock or can order them from Simplicity (many parts are still available, some are not), online merchants such as Jack's Small Engines are another good resource. Q2: Where can i find the parts & owners manual? A2: All documentation (shop, service, parts, and owners manuals) can be obtained from Simplicity Publications Department - just provide them with the manufacturing number of the tractor (990577) and the can tell you all the documentation that is available (tractor and implements) Q3: Was this a good good model? A3: It's a pretty good tractor - decent for light-duty yard applications (grass cutting, snow throwing, pulling a cart, etc ...). As far as where it was in the Simplicity line up - it was in the lower middle (above Yeoman, below Landlord). Q4: How fast can the model run? A4: In third gear, full throttle maybe between 8-10mph ??? Not very fast. Note: headlights were an optional kit. By the way, I have three Broadmoors - one 728 and two 738s (a couple years later). Good luck - Tom K