Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
timflury

Look what I hauled home today.

timflury
My sister's father-in-law parked this about eight years ago next to his pole shed. He said that his while he was last riding it, the oil fill/check plug vibrated off and he didn't notice until it was too late. He claimed the engine had siezed, so that's where he parked it. All the belts had rusted to their pulleys, and the rollers on the mower deck are rotting and falling off. As I was inspecting things, the engine now turns and the pulleys rotate freely and fairly quietly with no looseness.

I'm going to rob some parts off of it that I need for my Serf If anyone needs some parts, just let me know. I'm going to make the rest disappear about a month from today. The weights are NOT included.

timflury
This tractor is getting parted out! I'm going to donate the engine to the local High School small engine shop. I need a spindle and the clutch rod because on my Serf, these parts have been welded. I'm going to clean up and use the rear rims and mount ag lug tires on them, and, I'm thinking some tri-rib tires for the 6" rims on the front. These will be used when I get my tiller. I got the tractor for free, so I don't have to worry about trying to get a return on my investment, and I can share the wealth with others that need parts too. FYI, As I was leaving with the tractor, across the street under a tree next to a boat on a trailer....... a Broadmoor. HMMMMM,,, a future haul????

SimpleTom
Tim, Was the Broadmoor you saw in Pewaukee? I thikn I saw the same one today where I was working. Looked like a 717 with headlights and rear tiller hitch. Tom

timflury
Yes Tom, It was in Pewaukee. I think it's this one. http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/1373072790.html I'm thinking about doing some more investigating on this.

timflury
Today, I removed the front tires and rims and threw the rotten rubber away. I took the blades off of the mower deck and set them aside for anyone that needs them. I robbed TWO of the arbors for me. I also took off the left front spindle for the SERF.

Sign in to follow this