Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Burntime

Is the snowthrower cab off the 5200 series...

Burntime
Ray, did you add lights to your cab. My current one has a cyclops light but I am thinking with a rear work light that I may add 2 lights for the new cab... If I did the math right v x a = W so a 12 volt 55 watt draw is 4.58 amps. so 3 is close to the 15 amp max draw of the system and that is not adding the headlights or the electric spout rotator which is a big draw. Maybe I am already talking myself out of it... Is there any led's that put out big light for less wattage?

SmilinSam
The front and rear support brackets are different I think. The 7000 and 7100 series cab front supports mount into the dash and sides of the frame as well as having support rods that go down to the foot plates on either side. The front support bracket is also different from the 7000 series to the 7100 series. The difference there is up where it mounts to the dash. If you use a 7000 series cab on a 7100 series you wont be able to open the hood with the cab on. Bad news if you have to jump start your tractor of change the battery.

AC_HB-112
[IMG]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/fedsigtbolt/Davarn%20Equipment/118.jpg[/IMG] Mine came off of a Simplicity 7014, and I put it on my B-212. all I had to do was put two holes through the hood, and used anchor bolts. All I have to do to install it is slide the holes over the blts and put a wing nut on overthem. You will hav to drill two holes in the fenders no matter how you do it.

RayS
I don`t have any lights on mine. Thought that I may add a couple to the top, but I don`t really need them. I had to modify the bottoms to fit the running boards but it wasn`t that big of a deal.

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
Sam its from a 5200 or 6200 series I think...
Yeah I know The ones for those simply mount to the rear fender and foot plates, I think. Been a long while since I had one here. You can modify like Ray said, andf its not that big a deal if you have at least some skills. That said, the only thing I dont care for in such is that it wont be a stiff or rigid as it would be with the right front braceing for the 7100/7000 series. Its livable though, better than no cab at all by a long ways. The nice thing is that the bracing is interchangable between cabs. So, if you come across a tore up 7000/7100 series cab, You can rob the bracing out of it to put into yours.