Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LesH

AC716-H and Simplicity 7016...........

BLT
The 7016 has a Briggs engine and the 716 has a Kohler engine. They are like for like except for for decals, maybe paint (don't remember), ignition switch and minor wiring changes to make each engine compatible for operation.

Chris727
The hood is also different on the later 1977 and newer models, as the Simplicity has two vertical cross bars in front of the grill screen , AC does not. As to what is more popular or has better resale, my vote woube be for the AC, personally I prefer the Simplicity with the briggs engine, over the Kohler engine in the AC.

SmilinSam
Some of the early 716 AC's were sold with Briggs 16HP engines, but they are a relatively rare find. I have only ever personally seen one.

dirtsaver
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Some of the early 716 AC's were sold with Briggs 16HP engines, but they are a relatively rare find. I have only ever personally seen one.
Yeah Sam, I had one a couple of years ago I picked up for maybe $50 running. Didn't realise what I had and let it go for $125 to a fellow that needed the engine. I've never seen another like it either. Larry