Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Burnt 920 Progress

s_stephen

Here are a few pictures of the progress on my burnt 920, my dad smilinsam posted pictures of after I first got it. Not much so far but motor is ready to go in tractor when its complete. I'll update again when I get further.

Coming along nicely The most rewarding and satisfying projects I have done are the ones where I do just a little every day or so till its done. Maynards HB-116 was probably the one I had the most fun and enjoyment doing.

same motor. starter motor and fuel pump were surprisingly still good when i tested them. all the seals were still good so i replaced the parts that needed to be replaced (regulator, starter solenoid, air filter, and fuel filter) and cleaned the intake manifold and then painted the shrouds.

Lookin good, I need to get my injectors either rebuilt or replaced, they are majorly fouled with gooiy carbon, I cleaned them externaly and working it hard right now. But you can tell she miss fires once and awhile. Cant wait to see her running again! Mike

how much movement should the engine have on those iso motor mounts? Mine really floats around on them. I realize it needs to for the vibration the diesel has, but how do you know if they are shot?

i would replace them if they are starting to tare or dry rot or if they are pulling away from the steel washer some of them are glued to. as long as they still look good and are holding together i wouldnt replace them.

I like those rear turfs, one of my favorite styles. I am hunting a second pair of 10.50 rims so I can put my turfs on them, along with my snow chains. Keep up the great work.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • B10Dave
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts