Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

this guy INSANE????? $200??

AC_HB-112

http://cgi.ebay.com/Allis-Chalmers-%2F-Simplicity-Garden-Tractor-Cab--_W0QQitemZ290351143194QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090918?IMSfp=TL090918205003r18771 200 is WAY to high. also, in his discription..."it would be didicult, if not IM POSSIBLE to find a better cab."...umm its not THAT hard to find one...

Probably the biggest trouble he will have is this. If there is that little snow in his area there may not be enough interest in a cab. A couple of snowy blizzardy winters down there and you never know who may want one. I wouldn’t pay that but at the right price I would like to have one for my 6216 here in Ohio.

I'd have to say that I saw nothing wrong with his starting price. Last year when it was Zero out and there was 10 inches of snow to blow I would have give $200.00 in minute. Especially when I would forget and turn the chute into the windOO. Chris

If that guy is insane then what am I?sm00 I gave around $300 to another reputable club member for a Duetz Allis cab for my 917 and was quite happy to do so. I also paid $600-$700 for a new one for a conquest. You go out and blow a 400 ' lane in 10 below zero temps with 30 mph winds and see what you are willing to pay;) The only thing I would have a problem with is what its for exactly. The front frames are different for the 7000 series from what they are for the 7100 series. Get the wrongone for the 7100 series and you wont be able to open the hood with the cab on.

Granted I've used aluminum tubing and EMT conduit for a frame and wrapped plastic sheeting around that rather than shell out the asking price for a cab,especially for just a few days of snow work down here in Kentucky. But......like the other guys pointed out...those things will go for BIG $$$$$ now...and the sky's the limit when you've spent several hours eating the snow you're trying to blow off the drive! It will be interesting to see where it tops out. Larry

$200.00 sounds good to me. I had a chance to buy one for $250.00 a while back and it was like brand new a one owner. I did buy the Sovereign that it went to and kick my self for not buying the cab.

You never know who is going to be a member here. That cab is for sale in the classified section. I know this cuz I have been looking for one. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/classDetail.asp?id=15172

quote:
Originally posted by AC_HB-112
I gave $50 for a 7014 shuttle with the blower and cab. Are the cabs THAT good?
Yes you paid $50 but that doesn't represent market price. You got a crazy good deal. Cab and blower could be worth $200- $500 between the two of them.