Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
captainweezy

Sleeve Hitch adapter

captainweezy
Can anyone tell me if a sleeve hitch adapter is still available so I can pull a moulboard plow with my 917? I found one on ebay but I missed out on it a couple weeks ago. Since then I have not been able to dig one up. I think I would start making them if they are this hard to find. :p:p:p:p

AC_B-1Novice
I don't know about your tractor but for mine they seem to be quite pricey. I do think there would be a market for all type hitches if they were made as ordered and priced reasonable. They wouldn't have to be the best finish as long as they were stong enough. Got any ideas?

captainweezy
Here is the ebay link for the auction I was going to bid on but I forgot.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220476549933&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT I am pretty sure this is what I need. I have an allis plow already but I just found another for $75 an hour away that I might go pick up tomorrow.:D

captainweezy
Is there anything else I will need. I am not sure exactly how this adapter actually works. I see how the 2 bottom bolts bolt up but how does it lift? What hooks to the top third point? Does anyone have a mouldboard plow or a similar attachment hooked up that they would share a picture? Any help is appreciated.:D

captainweezy
Ok Thanks for your help wilm169. I am going to call the dealer monday. I am guessing the parts Ray listed are going to be more than I want to spend but o well, this hobby is better and cheaper than living in the tavern. Thanks again guys;);)

captainweezy
Thanks Dan. I called today and priced one and all I can say is WoW. It was over $150.00. I would like to find a used one but I hae not had any luck so far. Thanks again guys I really appreciate all the help I have been given since joining. ^

Chris727
They really aren't that expensive (well under $100) if you only buy the hitch. The pins and hardware can be bought at a hardware store and the stabilizer plate and lift rod can be easily fabricated. They are probably charging you $10-$20 just for the yolk on the lift rod, which is easily scaveneged off any FDT 42" mower deck bail or rear lift rod.