Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_HB-112

Got the snow blower working! [vid added]

AC_HB-112
Well, I found a belt for the snowblower and ran it of the hitch that came with it. By stepping on the ideler spring, The belt loosens and the auger slows and almost stops. Now I just have to rig up a disengagement system to lift the pully clear of the belt. I will post the videos as soon as they upload. Also, to who ever told me the 212 would not get enough rpm to run the snowblower, it gets plenty of rpm. Edit Likk deleted Non paying users are not allowed to post pictures or links to personal pictures or(videos)

Burntime
That is the whole point of the engaugement. To stop and start the blower. I would not run it unless you find a way to tension it and release it to stop completely. First if you ever clog it, its nice to stop it. Second if you clog it you can shut it off vs smoking the belt. Third, if you have kids or pets it is not safe without it. These come to mind right away, there may be more. Yes, looks like it is running like it should...

AC_HB-112
Righ now, we are expirimenting before spending money. With a slightly looser belt, It should disengege completly. We are going to run out to a "Garden tractor junkyard" down the road to see if the guy has the proper clutch. Otherwise, we will rig somthing up to dis-engage it from in the cab.