Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SimpleTom

let the pictures speak for themselves, B-7 ????

SmilinSam
Looks like an aluminum grill screen too just like the B-10's. If that thing is legitimate, its got to be a fairly rare piece all in all.

Chris727
Need more pictures of this tractor, very odd to see a B-207 or B-208 type of machine with a 32" deck. They usually had a 36. I'd be looking underneath the yellow for some orange paint, the yellow paint flaking off the levers would indicate something was repainted. The B207 and 208 also had yellow dashboards as opposed to white. Seems to have more Simplicity 707 characteristics. I've also never seen a steering wheel like that on an AC. Would also be interesting to see if it has the Simplicity 2 speed trans or the Peerless 3sp.

stevenj
In the first picture it looks like the hood will not properly install in the rear t-bolts because it is hitting the engine air filter or the flywheel shroud.

SimpleTom
Okay, I will fill you in with a little info on this tractor. It is not mine. I was told about it at local show. The person who told me about it is a friend of the owner. The owner bought the tractor from an old employee (engineer) at Allis Chalmers in the lawn and garden division.. He claims it to be all original. From what I see is that it is possibly the first Broadmoor sized Allis Chalmers, maybe even a pre-production piece/prototype. I am planning on seeing it up close soon and I will try to get all the numbers and better pictures. The friend joined the site but hasn't seen the post yet. They are looking for information on the tractor. As far as I know it is not for sale. Tom

BLT
I am guessing that is was a prototype built around 1966-1967. Can't tell from decal on engine if that is synchro balance or engine data type. It seems to be a composite of some production parts from Broadmoor series painted A-C yellow and was maybe testing the market before they brought out the B-2XX series. A picture of rear hitch would tell what transmission was there.

farmtoybuilder
Sweet Great find! Would love to have it. Wonder if there are any other prototypes laying around. ) Love to see more pictures of it cleaned up.

Sign in to follow this