Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
onebadfish

back in action..mostly

onebadfish
Here is the 7114 I picked up when I went to buy my tiller. The tiller was on the 7114 with cable, and rear lift bracket. When I mentioned I needed those parts as well, we struck a deal on the tractor instead of removing parts. The 7114h donated rear wheel weights, the tiller, cable and rear lift bracket to the 7117h. The Kohler 14 was in pieces after he partially "rebuilt" it. Totally rebuilt now and running great. I am hoping I have all the tin on this engine...anyone know if thats it? I would hate to get it hot after making it new again. Thanks, Tim

onebadfish
quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
WOW, that is a clean tiller!
Thanks I love it, it has already earned it's keep this spring and summer. Tines appear to be in real nice shape, I am in awe at how well these work. I have spent countless hours behind a sears walk behind, no more. Now tilling is a pleasure instead of a chore. All about having the right tool for the job I guess.;)

Brettw
There is a heat shield that bolts to the top of the engine and covers the muffler, to protect the hood and force the cowl air out the front. It seems you are missing it it. It is fairly large, about 10" x 12-14" I believe. Nice looking unit though, I did the same thing, almost to a tee, picked up a rough 7114 to get the very nice tiller that went with it. The 7114 is now in great shape after much work, and the tiller works every fall and spring.

onebadfish
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
There is a heat shield that bolts to the top of the engine and covers the muffler, to protect the hood and force the cowl air out the front. It seems you are missing it it. It is fairly large, about 10" x 12-14" I believe. Nice looking unit though, I did the same thing, almost to a tee, picked up a rough 7114 to get the very nice tiller that went with it. The 7114 is now in great shape after much work, and the tiller works every fall and spring.
Wow, ok thanks for the info, I looked at the manual for the k321 and it only shows what I have on the engine. The big shield you mentioned must be a simplicity part?

onebadfish
quote:
Originally posted by pungo
My first love is motors,and that is a great looking motor! Tractor looks great too,OEM. Can't beat original. Thanks!
Thanks very much all for the kind words.

Brettw
If I can, I'll take a pic of the shield on my tractor and upload. I also have a spare that was supposed to go with a complete K321 package. I thought it sold, and the individual was coming to pick it all up, but he hasn't shown and I haven't heard from him. If it falls apart, I'll let you know.

onebadfish
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
If I can, I'll take a pic of the shield on my tractor and upload. I also have a spare that was supposed to go with a complete K321 package. I thought it sold, and the individual was coming to pick it all up, but he hasn't shown and I haven't heard from him. If it falls apart, I'll let you know.
That would be great thanks very much

onebadfish
quote:
Originally posted by Stan-Tn
Nice restoration, sure would like to have a tiller that nice.
Thanks, thats the way I found the tiller. I supose I should consider some preventative maintenance on it this fall after the garden is tilled under. Is there anything in particular that should be done on these tillers?

Sign in to follow this