Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Leaving

AC_HB-112

Well I am now leaving due to the fact that I came here to discuss AC and Simplicity as well as SHOW you what I have. Today I recived a PM from Adminn today stating that I could not post pictures with out being a paying customer. Problem is, I don't have the $ to pay, and what pisses me off even more, is that I have to pay inorder to show people what I have on the only AC/Simplicity site in existance. What saddens me is that money has completely taken over. For any further questions/dicussion, Email me at Lucasahas@yahoo.com I will not return untill changes have been made. Goodby:(

Did you see what the fees are? It's ridiculously cheap. The benefit of the resources alone, forums like this should charge $100 a year. If money was that tight, knocking out a couple pepsis a month would more than cover it. It costs money to provide server space, to store documents, and allow for the bandwidth. I always shake my head when I see a guy at the gas station complaining about not being able to afford gas, as he buys $10 in gas, $10 in lottery tickets, and $12 for a couple packs of marlboros a day. Where else can you get limitless hours of entertainment, interaction with people with a common interest, and information that facilitates repairing your own machines for less than $20 a year???

I do not cave a credit card or a checking account, I am only 15. I also have 0 parental support as they thing I should find a new hobbie. My grandparents are the only people supporting me in this.

I only see this as a delay, not a point to quit. Keep working at it and you'll figure out a way to join. Until then, keep visiting the site and reading up on the posts. I seldom get to post, but I enjoy reading through the posts to see what is going on and what folks are working on. That part is free, why not take advantage of it?

No one is gonna side with you over 10 bucks. Heck, I see kids dump more then that at dinner before a movie. Its about priorities. You did some nice work...I think you should stick with it...ultimately the decision is yours...Good luck.

Put one of those tractors to work, and you should be able to make ten bucks in a heartbeat cutting grass. If you cannot raise ten dollars through some type of job at 15 years old, I am not sure how you can even afford to put gas in the tractors. I can tell you this, a poor attitude won't get you anywhere in real life.

Inform your parents that you want to buy and restore an antique motorcycle. The few bucks you spend on the tractor will look like peanuts! I think I joined by slipping a ten dollar money order in the mail and waiting to the admin to process it. I have TWO teenagers and if they had a hobby like ours, they would have my full support, although I support ANYTHING that they choose to do, the tractor hobby is a lot cheaper. Disclaimer,,,,,,, Opinions expressed here may not neccessarily reflect those of the teenagers parents.

While I agree and think the fee should be a voluntary thing, all the other sites I belong to dont cost a dime if you dont want to pay. Some years I donate when I am better off financialy, other years I dont. So dont let this group come off as high and mighty. They are far from it. Post your pics over on the Simplicity catagory over on mytractorforum dot com. Free to do, just upload them to a photobucket account, also free, then cut and paste the image code to your post. Once your able to send in the fees here, then you can put the pics here. This is what I did and I see most guys from here on other sites. My first real tractor of this brand came from a fellow member here for a good price. Stick with it as its hard to find a good hobby these days. My parents didnt support my hobbies as a teenager either, between the model trains and tractors my money was spent well in advance of having it. I did put my tractor to work cutting yards to pay for my hobbies however. I could however rub it back in thier face when they complained, would they rather me be out chasing girls and drinking, or sticking with my one girl friend (that liked tractors) and not be out drinking. Hope you choose to stick it out and stay. Maybe someone will post them for you if you ask them. Atleast let folks see your tractors while you get your funds in order. Good Luck!! Mike and Michele T

Lucas, You state that your grandparents are the only ones supporting you in your desire to collect these machines.Why don't you see if you can do some grass cutting,weed eating,barn clean-up or something for them to earn the dues.You will be proud of yourself in the end.Put that 15 year old brain to work kiddo.You can do it,don't be a quitter.

Maybe I don't understand. Your personal page says you are 15 but yet you have an occupation of (Lawn/road Care/Municiple), if this is true then don't you get paid? It's pretty easy to go down to the local corner quick shop store and get a money order for $10 and send $10 to the Treasurer. If you want to become a club member that can post pictures this would be pretty easy to do.

I have rarely seen anyone come off "high and mighty" on this site. If anything it is a great bunch of down to earth guys who are more than helpful in any way they can be.

i feel guilty for all the help and entertainment i have gotten for 10 bux...save a couple bux, get a money order and snail mail it!!!!i could ask a dealer how to fix something and he woudld say, bring it over and a few hundo later and it wasn't worth it...i can ask as many questions as i want here and it doesn't cost a thing, except for one 10dollar donation to help keep this thing going...now don't get me wrong in the long run it will cost u more than that because you will get the fever and start buying and working on all kinds of stuff, but it will always be there to help u in any way...

I think you need to be a dues paying member to post pics. I have been a member since ~2000-2001 and I have not regretted it once. By the way I am not paid to mention the above. That is one nice looking tractor David. jh

I second John, that's a GREAT looking AC!dOd Now back to the matter at hand. Yes, years ago, it was decided, by the MAJORITY of the people who hang around here, to establish this site as a club, and to charge the nominal fee of $10.00. From the amount of paying members, I'd say it's been pretty successful. Just the info from this forum alone is well worth the dues, much less from the other area's such as shop talk, show and tell, the back room lounge, etc. Sell some parts, have a garage sale, cut some lawns, push some snow, there are dozens of ways to make $10.00 instead of complaining you can't do it. How bad do you want it?

I concur with the majority and I support its decision. I floated on this site for the longest time... mostly as a guest. Then once I finally signed in it was only a day before I coughed up the $10 to have access to the additional features. Lucas, I think the best suggestion above would be using a prepaid credit card since it should give you the immediate satisfaction that it appears you need. Surely you can get a loan from your grandparents and maybe a ride to the local store to get one.

This is the best Club I have ever joined.The people here have helped me with the best advice,donated parts,e-mailed me Manuals.Best 10 bucks you will ever spend.Everybody is forgiving too,so don't be embarrased by leaving in a huff,come on back,pay when you can,and I will send you a free rusty hood off a Yeoman.;)

I was here when the club was originally formed. The fee of $10 was the smallest amount that we thought would have meaning to the members who wanted to join. We also thought that it was just high enough to keep persons who just wanted to cause trouble from joining. There is an exception to every rule, but $10 was not intended to keep people out.

I will also at that is a nice AC pictured above. It took me a bit to squeeze out 10 bucks, had some left over when I bought the 920. You wont be sorry joining up. This is a great group, hopefully we can get some of them out to the plow day next weekend (first saturday in October) to show up the JD and IH guys.

I agree with the working it up with the machines. I was mowing from 12yrs old and for that matter I still do it on the side for some spending money(25yr old now). I never had more than 10 customers for 20 bucks each and that supported well over 500 dollars a month for 6 yrs solid(till college) without advertising beyond pulling the mower to the houses with my bike(I had a eyebolt hitch on it). Most corner stores will handle money orders, and yes it is worth the 10 bucks! I was floating non-pay for 5 yrs but Im on my second year of pay membership and there is no question about being worth it. The best memberships are the ones that take a challenge.