Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Architectdave

Vacuum Wing Nut

Architectdave
I lost the wing nut that attaches my vacuum collector chute to teh mower deck. The simplicity part number is 123060, I ordered it from Jacks but the part they sent is all wrong. Any idea where I can get one?

GregB
My father in-law made one. Took a nut to fit your bolt, (my early and late decks have different size thread), used a washer, and a piece of flat stock. Welded it all together. Worked for him.

Architectdave
FYI - I spoke to Jacks and they reluctantly refunded my money but I give them credit for good customer service. The replacement for 123060 is 1685232SM a washer and nut that wont work without modifying the existing bolt nut set up. Don't bother ordering a replacement for 123060. Im going to make one as suggested.

steve-wis
Can anyone post a pic of the right nut? I have a Coronet and the deck had a bolt with a wing nut that is made from a nut and a piece of flat stock. I don't have a vacuum, so I took it off and it is laying here. If someone can use it I would give it to them for the cost of shipping. Will try to get a pic of mine tonight to post. Steve

This is what I have, let me know if it is what you need. Steve

dav
my big ten has a 3/8x1 carriage bolt, a couple of washers and a wing nut holding the collector to the deck. when i reach up under the collector, it feels like the bolt didn't seat into the square hole-if there is even a square hole there. but it is working and cost less than a dollar at the local hardware store