Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wm_simpleton

Frame Mount VAC question

wm_simpleton
Just picked up a frame mount vac, model number 1690402, and did a trial mounting on my Agco-Allis 918. From what I can tell, the belt may want to rub on the Hydro. The manual says for 900 series tractors, so my assumption that this should fit, and I have the frame mount pulley that keeps my tiller belt from rubbing. My only disclaimer at this point is that I don't have the correct belt. I should be picking up one today. Has anyone every dealt with anything similar to this? What was your resolution? Thanks, -Joel

SmilinSam
900 series tractors with a side mount tranny filter require a idler pulley and bracket to be mounted on the tractor frame to lift the belt over the oil filter so it wont rub when using a rear mount pto attachment. Other than that ( which you say you already have), it should work. As already stated you may have to look at moving the pulley on the blower shaft. Could be that have it reversed, anything is possible, or they could even have a wrong pulley on it. I have one of thes vacs and the only thing I have run into is that you must use the correct size belt. An inch to long and it slips, an inch too short and you cant get it on the pulleys.

wm_simpleton
I love pictures too!! I will post some tonight, my garage was a little too dark this morning to get a good picture. I picked up the proper Simplicity belt yesterday, and actually used it last night. The fact that engaging the mid PTO cone clutch shifts the belt to the left or away from the hydro a little seemed to help, but not fix the rubbing issue completely. Thanks, -Joel

jeffsimp
is the pulley on the blower unit have an eccentric adjuster to tighten the belt or is it solidly mounted. mine is solidly mounted and i use a 69" belt along with the frame mounted idler to get it away from the filter. a 70" belt goes on easier but was loose enough to bounce around and rub on the hydro.

wm_simpleton
With the PTO engaged, the top of the belt just misses a hydro line:

The bottom of the belt rubs here:

Not sure if this pulley can be adjusted or not. Could the hitch be bent slightly?

RayS

You say that you have this rear PTO drive kit? The parts are still available at a dealer if you don`t. It will keep the belt from rubbing the filter.

SmilinSam
Whats that thing got for a collection bag?..looks like a plastic trash barrel? Mine has a flat tray on the botom and a nylon bag hanging down from the top with a zipper in the back to empty it. As to the belt, the drive pulley you picture on the blower you have is not the same as the one I have on mine. Your pulley has thick lips at the edges whiloe mine has thin lips. looks like your pulley is about 1/4" or better wider than mine from front to back.

wm_simpleton
Ray, I have the PTO drive kit. I removed it last night to see if it improved the situation. It allowed the lower belt to drop, but not to the point where it completely cleared that round part on the hydro (don't know the proper name). The belt has never rubbed on the filter for this attachement. SmilinSam, Would it be possible to get a picture of your pulley? The previous owner retro-fitted a plastic barrel to sit where the tray was. Looks like I still have the original canvas top to the bag, but I am missing the upper frame, the collection bag, and the tray at the bottom. I would love to revert back to original, mainly to lessen the weight. But I am not sure the parts are available anymore. Thanks, -Joel

RayS
The parts list for this attachment are in the manual in the link below. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEDGP_byN1tG_Exj7mRgtLvBCd6