Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_HB-112

Cab pro's/con's

s_stephen
the cab will keep the wind from blowing snow in your face and making it hard to see what you are doing. i don't have any complaints about my cab it makes blowing snow a lot more fun and comfortable.

steve-wis
The pro is your butt won't be frozen to the seat.:O The con is everyone around will want one too.sm03 Wish i had one, was going to build one this summer but too many other projects. Maybe next year? Steve

AC_HB-112
quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
Pro: Once you use it you will never go without. Con: Other then forking out some cash there is none...
I got it with a 7014 with a locked rearend (fixed) and snow thrower for $50. 7014 still isn't running though.

Architectdave
Ive never had a desire for one. Although Ive never used one I am suspect it would just be in the way and one more thing i need to mess with every fall and spring. my .02

perry
quote:
Originally posted by mendon-chalmers
do they fog up if your in there 3 hours at a time ?.
mine stays clear and im in it for mnay hours. but mine also has lots of rips and gaps in it.

AC_HB-112
I have my foot guards pulled ou to the point where it covers the bottem rear of the motor to hopfully work like a "rolled up" heat houser. Will it work? I mean will it bring any heat back?

CarlH
If you're an extra-large (or larger) person like me, they are a little tight on space and limit moving around to adjust weight distribution for best traction.

nateb17010
to hopfully work like a "rolled up" heat houser. Will it work? I mean will it bring any heat back? only if you block the front of the tractor i have thought of that my self if i could/would install one but you need to use the front pto and your engine needs to cool its self could it be done yea sure it could i have thought how to put a blower and use the exhaust tube and worm the cab this way as not to over / restrict the engine air flow. stole from a vw bug heater idea good luck

comet66
There is no way I'd ever part with my cab!!! It will surprise you how much warmer it is by just blocking the wind. This will be the 17th year for mine and it has never fogged up. The last 7 or 8 years or so I have just pulled the curtains off in the summer and left the top on as a sunshade. The only drawback to this is that without the stabilizing effect of the curtains, the tubular framing tends to crack at the bends. I've had to gusset mine at the vulnerable points. Some complain that they are a little noisier than with out. I've never noticed that, but hearing protection should always be worn when operating any machinery. Take this advice from the wearer of "Hearing Aids"!!

Chris727
If you try the "heater houser" thing, be careful not to bring any exhaust fumes into the cab, carbon monoxide is very dangerous in a confined space.

MPH
I feel confined in my cab but I can live with that easier then being a 'snowman' every time I blow snow as the wind swirls in my yard between the trees, never 'blowing; from one direction. Only thing I would trade it for would be a nicer cab, like with heater and windshield wiper. Well, maybe a ticket to New Zeland for 4 months.;)