Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can a snowthrower be run off mid pto on 7016?

Burntime

Belts could be a problem. The 7000 tractors are about 2" shorter then the 7100's and the 7100 uses a 141" belt, I think, and finding something off the shelf could be a real headache.

I have an AC 712 and run my blower off the mid PTO. You do need the single pulley hitch, which I believe is the one for the 7100 series. I actually used a hitch from an old 725, but had to mod. the heck out of it to make it work. Also, you'll need to re-point the front idler pulley toward the front of the tractor rather then toward the middle (like for the mower deck). People told me you could use a plate from a 7100 series which has the second hole setup already, but I ordered one off eBay and (as I recall) it was too big. I remember something rubbed somewhere, so I couldn't use it. Someone from this board told me they just bought a longer bolt and bent it manually to the correct angle ... that's what I did and it's worked for 2 seasons now. I forget the belt length I needed, but depending on your setup, it might be different anyway. Once you have your setup done, just take a string and wind it around to get the approx. length, then go buy a couple belts around that length and try them. Just make sure you can return the ones you don't need. =)

Mike, two inches is something that is not cast in concrete, only a nominal dimension to talk about. If you are going to get the best belt tension, you need to measure the gap of the spring when it is tensioned for the mower deck, do a trial and error method like "mbsengineer", play with some different belts so the gap in the tension spring comes out the same or slightly larger as the mower deck.