Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rototiller

I have a 12 horse Wards tractor,and the drive line is about 4 inches off of the ground,it grabs all of the weeds and makes it really hard to control what you are tilling,any easy fix or do I have to build a sheild,can any body help??

sounds like a 14hp Wards made by Gilson I sppotted 100 miles from home. If you can't find the serial # heres a couple tell tale signs, frame continues back to trans, is 2 pieces of iron past shift lever instead of a "tube" like a Simp and the set raises forward instead of to the back with fenders included, MPH

This is all new to me so lets see what happens,the pctures will tell the story it is rather large but it has been a 14 hour day and I am beat.The model # is gis-33030,serial # is 86x80282,it has the gear box and trans that I think it should have to be a Simple tractor,the white shaft on the underside is the drive line covered with pvc,the tiller is a little strange but works really well.I think i am missing the parts to drive the mower deck any info on how that works would be helpful,I just got this yesterday so I am a novice on all of this. thanks here are the pics http://www.am880kcmx.com/simple/index.html

Stan, I'm not sure we can help you much, because I'll bet that if you check your tractor's serial number, it will start with GIL meaning it was made by Gilson... I think 10HP Squires were the last ones made by Simplicity. The Simplicity tractors of that size (Landlord or Sovereign) have a completely boxed in frame where the driveshaft drives a bevel gear box directly. There is no drive line 4" off the ground.... Kent