Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tilled Under Leaves

MPH

So what do you guys all do wirh your leaves in the fall? Here's how dispose of mine.

2 sweeper loads on this little plot were a bit much as they were about 3 inches deep and too wet to try to shred first. Had a little trouble with them building up in front of the gear box on the tiller,

but, mostly made them go away.

The hills all looking like this was my motivator,

That there termination dust made me wanna see the lawn look like this one more time.sm01

Marty, I just pile them up on the edge of the woods, let them compost with the grass clippings. It is amazing how much they break down from season to season. Another subject, how did your bees do this summer, any honey yet? Greg

Looks like you have some fun making the ole tractor work. Marty how come you haven't used your power max to plow snow in the last couple of years? Just don't see many pics of you working with it.

Bees did 7 gallons Greg. I don't use the 4040 to plow snow because it takes up too much room in the heatted shop and the Ll handles it fine. Mostly I just use the 4040 for the couple 3 pt attachments I have for it. Doc said I'm good to return to 'normal' activity. Not sure what he calls normal though so I'm still gonna take it a bit easy by my standards. heard Fairbanks got 4 inches last nite, Delta had an inch or so thursday when I went through there, so far none in Tok^ Worls pretty good tilling the leaves under in the fall, not sure how it happens when the ground is frozen but the ones on top is all I'll find in the spring tilling.

The trees look pretty, but gosh I sure ain't lookin forward to winter. I save my leaves from the fall and mix them with grass clippings in the summer to make compost.

Nice job, I love when these tiller bury themselves and leave dirt behind like water behind a boat, it's a beautiful thing. We are getting frost here at noght so we picked the rest of the garden and will be tilling it under this weekend.