Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Simplicity 717 Broadmoor for Sale

I'm seriously considering moving on and getting something more modern. I have a 1960 plus era Simplicity 717, Mfg. Model 990425 that until Thursday ran fine. I know what the problem is since it happened last year. The carb. needs to be cleaned and/or rebuilt. Of course the problem could be the choke is not opening completly because of my cable problem. I still have the problem of the throttle and choke cable sticking, but perhaps someone more handy than I can get them to work more smoothly I also have a new handle assembly with cables that are too short for a different model. No one could really tell the difference betweent he old and new except the choke is now on the right instead of on the left. Since I neve heard fromthe Nemes if I could return that part, I'll throw that in along with the snow blade and set of chains. It has a 36" mower deck now with an extra set of blades. The tractor is located in the St. Louis, Missouri area. I can provide pictures anytime with a day's notice. Is anyone interested? Does anyone know how much it is reasonably worth? Thansk