Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
adamf203

B212 Ignition and Harness

adamf203
I am putting my 212 back together after 2 years of being in my parents basement... I guess they didnt understand :). I am running into a couple of issues with the ignition. The ignition was always tempermental, and now that I have the whole tractor apart, I figure there is no better time then the present to fix it. I am looking to purchase a new ignition for the tractor - it is a 4 point ignition (D,B,C,S) - Indak. I have called a bunch of places in the area, but they don't carry it, nor do they have any clue on where to order it from. I assume that someone has had to replace this before on their tractor - any places? Also, I want to find a new wiring harness. I know that the 212 and the Simplicity 3212V use the same harness. Has anyone found somewhere that still makes it?

adamf203
http://lawnmowerpartsstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3006610 Would this work? Although it has different terminal lettering, it appears to be the same tri-position (2 top and 1 in the middle below) that the 212 has. I really have no idea so any help would be appreciated.

RayS
Here is the part number through Simplicity for the ignition switch. Simplicity PN# 2122201SM SWITCH ASMY IGNITION PN#: 122201 has been superceded to PN# 2122201SM Our Price: $30.60

superbee
Hey Adam, RayS is right on the part number of the ignition switch. The wiring harness is NLA. I'm restoring a B-212 too. I have in past restorations made up my own harnesses. I have used the existing old harness, and use all old connectors. It can be tedious to remove the wires and connectors from the old plugs, but with a ton a patience and delicate work, it can be done. The biggest issue is making sure you use the original gauge wire. Nothing worse than a butchered up harness, but it can be done. I had to go to many different electronic suppliers to find the correct ends. Unfortunately many have disappeared in the last ten years. Hopefully you can solder. Hopefully you can measure the correct ends and search electronics connectors, there are a few, but they seem to last for a short while. It's just a lot of research, and some luck. I need to go my notes to get you some places, but will get back to you, if you are interested in building your own harness. Thanks, Dave