Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B-16_IC

Kohler throttle shaft bushings

B-16_IC
Are they still available? I was told no, but am hoping they were mistaken. I need to rebuild the carb on my 712 (K301) and the shaft is pretty sloppy.sm00

Mike
The bushings are available cheap on ebay and such, you will need new plate screws most likely, they usually break when being removed. the whole kits are still available for around 35 bucks

B-16_IC
Thanks Mike that will be most helpfull!dOd Rod, what did you use for material in making yours? I have a couple Briggs carbs that work good but are getting loose.

HubbardRA
Mine had a large undercut outside the bushing area that, if I remember correctly, was approximately 1/2 inch diameter and 1/4 inch deep. I made an aluminum plug that fit in that area with the throttle shaft going through it. Also the part of the shaft where I put the homemade piece had no wear at all since it had not been in contact with the carb housing. I polished the throttle shaft, and made the aluminum plug fit it very snugly. I pressed the plug into the undercut in the housing, then I staked it in place. As you can tell from the description, I did not install a brass bushing the way the factory kit does. I do have another Kohler engine that had a factory bushing installed in it several years ago. The one I made works just as well as the factory bushing.