Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CDeHeer

Manuals for a 5216

CDeHeer
I picked up a Simplicity 5216 over the weekend. I need to download the manuals but the ID tag has been partially worn through. I can make out the first 6 digits as (169103) and the last 6 as (003629) Would somebody with a similar machine post the id or a link to the manuals? This is my first Hydrostatic drive and honestly I'm not sure how to drive it. Unit came with a snowblower and cab that was only installed once buy the dealer.

78kitty
Congrats on a great mower! I wish I had a snowblower for ours, and a cab too would just be icing on the cake! We bought one with a 48" deck this spring that needed 1 arbor bearing in the deck for $200. Until recently we haven't had any problems with it (you may've seen the post about it entitled "5216 Won't Start" [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=106919[/url] ). You should be able to find all the manuals for your tractor and snowblower at Simplicity's homepage- [url]www.simplicitymfg.com[/url] , then click on manuals and enter the model number. You may want to download the parts manuals as well b/c sometimes their diagrams help you know where things go or are located. The hydrostats are super-easy to drive. All you do is move the lever up and back to go forward and back. I personally never use the brake / clutch pedal except when I'm fully stopped or parking it. PM me if you have problems & I'll try to help you out, but except for the armature going bad and not getting spark we haven't torn into ours very deep.