Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Machine - Homelite T-8

Indiana_AC_Collector

I've added another tractor to my collection. Found this Homelite T-8 over in Western Ohio on my to the Historic Construction Equipment Association show in Bowling Green. The original engine was replaced with a new Briggs 8 horse a couple of years ago. Other than that, it appears to be all original. The deck is going to need some patches but it runs great and mows very level. I'm really happy with it as is but it may get a full restoration in a couple of years. This link should get you to my Flickr page. I've uploaded photos of my T-8, AC 620, and Cub Cadet 102. I have to pull my other machines out of storage sometime and get pictures of them. [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/indiana_ac_collector/sets/[/url] Jason

Bud, How can you tell which is which on the Allis and Simplicity built T-8's? Also, how do I figure out what year my T-8 was built? Thanks, Jason Cook New Haven, IN

Go to the top menu and open the simpletractor file and clickon Homelite, It will show difference in the two.As far as year gose try looking at code #on motor to see when motor was built and that might help.

Bud, Thanks for the info. I looked over the different Homelite machines. I didn't realize that AC and Simplicity produced so many different models for Homelite. Gives me all sorts of things to look for. Chris727. I thought it was a real nice looking Homelite myself. I'm not sure that I will restore it but the deck will need attention for next season. I plan on using it to do the mowing around here and not letting it just sit around. It just runs too nice. Thanks again, Jason