Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B1 Project Completed!

DDP021

Just wanted to share some before and after pics of a B1 my dad and I recently completed..It was orignally my uncles who bought it used from my dad years ago...He no longer wanted it so he gave it to me..After sitting in my dads garage for the last 2 years, we decided to redo it..The seat is orignal, we just replaced the foam..We used Krylon "old equipment yellow" for paint...Just waiting to put on the new muffler!..I'm happy with the results!! Our next project is to redo our AC 416.

Thanks everyone for the nice words!!!...Makes it all worthwhile!..:o)..Besides the reward of seeing it all done, the most fun is working with my dad..We redid a 919 a few years back...He's sold AC's for over 30 years...To answer the paint questions, we used Krylon Old Equipment Yellow or Old CAT Yellow..I've seen it called both...I believe the Krylon number is 1819...We used spray cans...Again, thanks to everyone for posting replies!!! Take care!

Ya done good! I like those old B1s in an odd sort of way. Nothing better than riding a good looking fdt listening to that old briggs chuckle. Enjoy

Photo tip: Get in CLOSE on that thing! Looks really great.I like the Dash setup on that Model better than any of them. Please Post a few closeups of the Engine/carb area, and under the seat pan.Please?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Tom45
    • maxwood
    • PhanDad
    • Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts