Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gannon Earthcavator

Cvans

I just returned home from Michigans U.P. with a load of tractors and accessories. One of the Items is a Gannon Earthcavator. This is one of the heaviest built attachments I have ever seen and looks like it would tear up concrete. I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with one of these? This one appears to have been used very little and is in excellent condition. Any Idea what they would be valued at? I have run across ads from people looking for these but not much for other information on the garden tractor sizes. Thanks for your help! Chris

I built a replica of one that worked great but i made it out of to heavy of steel so it was a little to heavy for the hydro lift on the HB112 i had it on.

Very popular attachment and fairly sought after. Problem I've seen is they are rather small (width wise) for the tractors. Is it a cat-O 3 point or one point or Deere hitch?

I have one that was made for a Sears 3 point, not quite the same as the cat-0. As for what they are worth, I have a guy wanting to give me $350 for it but I'm not looking to sell. Its too heavy to manually lift on my Sears Suburban. I'd like to convert it to fit a Simplicity with hydrolift, just would like to do it without permanently modifying it.

This one came with a Hydro sleeve hitched Cub cadet. It is 36 inches wide and appears to work something like a tumble bug in the way it changes it's function. If I was doing small landscape projects or driveway work I can see where this would come in very handy. I also brought home a B112 that I would like to get operating again. Possibly with an electric lift. This thing would be too heavy for that tho. I might have to find a home for it. Thanks for your help!! Chris

Hi Levi: That's the beast alright. Mine is set up for a sleeve hitch instead of the 3 point. I noticed in your profile that you have a B10 converted to diesel. What engine did you use. When I converted my Wheel Horse to diesel I used a Lister Petters air cooled diesel. I'm contimplating a diesel conversion on the B112. Thanks for the picture, Chris

Chris, Levi doesn't have a B10 Diesel, that was the last post he posted in. Here's the post http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107297. Nice score on the Earthcavator BTW! Bill