Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bud119195

Another Project (Homelite T-8) New pics added

bud119195
Picked this up from Dan Reed (CleenBee) . Nice clean solid machine .Should be a simple restore,Decals are great and everything is staight and not beet up.Got a nice 36" deck in shed for it,But knowing myself I wont mow with it because I might get it dirty when I am done redoing it.Hopefully will have some updated pics soon Thanks Dan and I enjoyed seeing your large collection of stuff you have and nice chatting with a fellow TractorNerd(as your wife would say)

Got some paint on it and added carlisle lugs on rear. need to paint front rims yet and should be good to go

bud119195
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC
Very nice.8D I see it has the bracket on the hitch for the tiller, is it still around?
Are you wondering about hitch or bracket? Here is a pic of hitch

B-16_IC
Thanks for the closup pic, really shows how clean the tractor is!^ Am I right thinking this is a tiller bracket? I assume it is different than my Broadmoor type because this is an Allis built unit.

bud119195
quote:
Originally posted by steve-wis
todd, I think you are going to need an addition onto the chicken coop before long!! Nice tractor! Steve
Yeah I know I have them Hid allover outside now .But I keep them hid from passerbuyers

bud119195
quote:
Originally posted by CleanBee
Sure looks nice with a power-plant and a seat cover, did you take it for a spin yet? Dan
Dan, motor is only bolted in temporary so I could make a mount for gas tank . I used a tank from a old 707 I had laying around , Now that thats done I will pull motor back off to start cleaning it up for paint.Once again Thanks

SimpleTom
Todd, Hang onto that hitch. I have thye exact one like it. Mine was on a Broadmoor. I always thought it was hand made but now seeing yours I would have to say it is factory. It is not the hitch for the rototiller. I have no idea what it was for. Tom

bud119195
quote:
Originally posted by SimpleTom
Todd, Hang onto that hitch. I have thye exact one like it. Mine was on a Broadmoor. I always thought it was hand made but now seeing yours I would have to say it is factory. It is not the hitch for the rototiller. I have no idea what it was for. Tom
[img]/club2/attach/SimpleTom/DSC03357.jpg[/img]

Tom, according to Dan the hitch is suppose to be origional for the Allis built T-8 ,even though as of now I have nothing to mount to it I will paint it and leave it on,it maight make for some interesting conversation at tractor shows.

SmilinSam
I'll bet it is a tiller hitch. Part of the deal with AC and Simplicity during that period was that AC couldnt make stuff interchange between the two brands.

timflury
Six more weeks to go Todd,,, How many machines are you going to haul down there anyway??? Sam, My tiller hitch is at the bottom of the image.

farmtoybuilder
Sweet! Love the chrome stack. We have one in rough shape that was given to us. Maybe we'll get around to redoing it sometime?

bud119195
quote:
Originally posted by farmtoybuilder
Sweet! Love the chrome stack. We have one in rough shape that was given to us. Maybe we'll get around to redoing it sometime?
That chrome stack you see is standing against barn wall

Sign in to follow this