Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fair Value of a Super Clean AC 716 Hyrdo?

Indiana_AC_Collector

Guys, What is a fair value for a SUPER clean AC 716 Hydro? It is just the tractor, no deck, tiller, snow blower, etc. It's one of the cleanest original machines I've seen of this vintage. Thanks, Jason Cook

That amount sounds Ok to me. If the engine runs strong and smoke free. Also if the hydro works good front and reverse, with little drift. You could park on a hill and see if it holds with engine off without the brake being set. If it drifts something is worn. Can be a safety issue if you forget to set the brake. That is my prefered mowing tractor. 16hp, shorter wheel base than the 900 series, and seems to sit a little lower to the ground. If they had only offered a hydro lift stock from factory, would be perfect all around tractor in my opinion.

I paid $300.00 eight years ago, for a 712H. It had a deck, and snowblower, but didn't run, and was decent, but not super clean condition. That sounds like a more than fair price.

Guys, Thanks for all the advice on this and the other questions I've asked in the past. Really appreciate the help. Since I'm relatively new to the hobby, I don't have a great feel for values on some things while other things I can tell are a good deal from what I see happen on Ebay. Anyway, I will probably be back to talk to the seller tomorrow or Saturday and work out a deal to keep the tractor at his place for a few weeks or so (already ran that by him as a possibility) since I just brought home the Homelite T-8 less than two weeks ago. Thanks again, Jason