Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

one point hitch

RayS

I know that the pipe that is welded in the one point hitch is 4" long. Is it equally spaced from top and bottom of hitch. Can someone that has an original verify this.

here is mine.

Ray, I have never seen a factory unit, but when I built mine from the drawing that Dutch made, I centered the tube. My plow works fine, so I guess it should be centered.

On the style your making the pipe is 3 1/4 long with 7/8 on top and 1/2 inch on the bottom. On the old style the pipe is 4 inches with 1 1/2 inches on top. The older Simplicity attachments needed the 4 inch pipe, not sure about newer as I don;t have any yet. When I use my plow with the newer hitch I had to put a 1 inch nut in as a spacer.

Thanks Marty. 3-1/4" instead of 4". I was just going by the drawing that Dutch did. Glad to know that before I welded it together. Isn`t the bar stock 2" wide on the originals as well instead of the 1-1/2" that is in the drawing?

quote:
Originally posted by Jac
On the hitch I have, the pipe is 4" with 1 1/2" on top and 1/2" on the bottom. The width of the bar is 2". Hope this helps.
Is yours the old style or new?

Yea it is 2 in Ray. Doing the math that 7/8 must really be 3/4 in. That's a perfect plow score you made, all OEM, even the lift rod and chain.

New VS Old - Why the difference with the 5/8" jam bolts on the new style? I think from the other post on this topic these bolts hold the bracket (#10 above) in position so it can't swivel side to side. Is this a correct assumption? I really don't understand these hitches, it's a new world to me and I don't get why one would allow the implement to move and the other style won't. Other than brains, what am I missing here?dz

I have a new style factory hitch and on one side the pipe sticks up 1/2" and on the other it sticks up 3/4" Hitch is made from 2" flat